Monday, November 23, 2009

Anatomical Pose

Monica, Graphite on paper/velum 11x14 in.

Over the summer I started going back and working into my old gesture drawings. This one was particularly fun to do. As a gesture the drawing doesn't stand that well but combined with the inlaid skeleton it really brings it all together.

This was originally done on white sketch paper with graphite. I put a sheet of velum on top of the drawing and traced it over again to strengthen the lines. Also putting velum on top allows for my hand to leave imprints all over the surface due to the graphite on the side of my palm. This shows through only once I have scanned the drawing and turned it into a negative.

I plan on making a series of these types of drawings in the near future. So be on the look out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment